Monday 3 May 2010

So THAT'S how Cheryl Cole stays slim: Singer's blood type diet 'has made such a difference'

Since her split from husband Ashley, Cheryl Cole's slender figure has led to much debate.

But it seems her tiny frame isn't simply down to a broken heart.

The 26-year-old has revealed she sticks to Eat Right 4 Your Type diet, in which she eats and avoids specific foods based entirely on her blood type.
Cheryl Cole

Busy girl: Cheryl Cole looks skinnier than ever as she arrives at Heathrow from Dublin today after performing with the Black Eyes Peas

The effects could be seen today, as Cheryl flew into Heathrow from Dublin, where she performed a 30-minute gig as a support act for the Black Eyed Peas.

Her skinny legs were highlighted by her tight leggings and strappy high heels, while even her clumpy leather biker jacket couldn't hide her frame.

Many have suggested that Cheryl could benefit from putting on some weight.

But in an interview with Hello! today she admitted to watching what she eats.

'I watch what I eat, not to stay slim but to feel good,' she said.

CHERYL COLE
Cheryl Cole

Strict: Cheryl has admitted to following the blood type diet, Eat Right 4 Your Type, but says she doesn't deny herself anything she craves, especially cupcakes
THE BLOOD TYPE DIET

In Eat Right For Your Type Dr D'Admao matches the blood type to dietary recommendations, summarised here.

•The O diet Eat meat (high protein, low carbohydrate). Cut out wheat and most other grains. Engage in vigorous aerobic exercise. Your risk factors for ulcers and inflammatory diseases such as arthritis increase if you eat incorrectly for your type.

•The A diet You should be largely vegetarian (eating a high carbohydrate, low fat diet). Engage in gentle exercise such as yoga or golf and meditate to deal with stress. Your risk factors for cancer and heart disease increase if you eat incorrectly, according to Dr D'Admao.

•The B diet You should have the most varied diet of all the blood types, one including meat; yours is the only blood type that does well with dairy products. Engage in exercise such as moderate swimming or walking. Your risk for slow-growing viruses that attack the nervous system increases if you eat incorrectly for your type.

•The AB diet You have most of the benefits and intolerances of types A and B, so most foods which are recommended for either type A or B will also work for you. Engage in calming exercises and relaxation techniques. You have the friendliest immune system.

In the UK 46 per cent of people have O type blood, 42 per cent A, nine per cent B and three per cent A/B.

'Recently my mother told me about Eat Right 4 Your Type, in which you're told what to eat and what to avoid depending on your blood type.

'It has made such a difference - not so much to my shape, but to how I feel and my energy levels. Before I was like 'energy schmenergy' and didn't believe it. But now I believe it 100 per cent.'

Stars including Australian supermodel Miranda Kerr, Martine McCutcheon and Sir Cliff Richard have previously admitted to following the plan.

More...

* Cheryl Cole wears her trademark slashed trousers... and outshines Black Eyed Peas star Fergie
* Coronation Street's Sally Whittaker: 'I researched cancer plot and found a lump in my own breast'

And while her fans may be hitting the gym to try and emulate Cheryl's figure, it seems she doesn't have to.

'I have a really hectic schedule but it does have some health benefits - I get to work out without working out,' she said.

'It's literally full-on performances back to back, and all the choreography, training and rehearsals that go into them, that's a real workout.'

And Cheryl, currently taking a break from her band Girls Aloud, says she doesn't deny herself her favourite treats - especially cupcakes.

'My only trouble is that I can't do without sugar,' she said. 'I think I might have some sort of sugar imbalance. Sometimes I feel like I just need a chocolate bar.

'To be honest you can't put yourself under that much pressure, so I don't deny myself anything.'
Cheryl

On stage: Cheryl supporting the Black Eyed Peas in Dublin at the weekend; she says performing is all the workout she needs







Here's what readers have had to say so far. Why not add your thoughts below, or debate this issue live on our message boards.

The comments below have been moderated in advance.

* Newest
* Oldest
* Best rated
* Worst rated

View all

Apparently I should be eating meat, but as a vegan for ethical reasons I'm not going to start doing that. Maybe that's why I'm also overweight (despite the fact that vegans are supposed to be slim!)

- Carolyn, Isle of Man, 03/5/2010 17:05
Click to rate Rating 142

Report abuse

Sugar imbalance? This self-diagnosis culture has got to stop.

That last pic is so unflattering. I'm so tempted to think she's in need of the toilet!

- Jonno, Croydon, UK, 03/5/2010 17:05
Click to rate Rating 321

Report abuse

won´t work for me then! I´m B and intolerant to dairy food! What baloney!

- Gill, Bristol, 03/5/2010 16:53
Click to rate Rating 184

Report abuse

oh my god, get a stylist!

- susan cos, exeter, 03/5/2010 16:47
Click to rate Rating 290

Report abuse

Well, she doesn't use any of her energy for singing!!

- Gillian, London, 03/5/2010 16:33
Click to rate Rating 265

Report abuse

she has a very funny shaped legs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1271138/Cheryl-Coles-blood-type-diet.html#ixzz0mtsK4cZN

No comments:

Post a Comment