Wednesday 16 June 2010

Don't I Love in Vain

Someone once told me that I have to choose what I win or lose, I cannot have everything.


Don't I take chances, I might feel the pain. Don't I love in vain as love won't set me free.


I could stand by the side, and watch this life pass me by. Be unhappy, therefore, but safe as could be.

Happiness is like the old man told me, look for it, but you'll never find it all.

Fling all the grudges that are tugging at your heartstrings.
Forgive her/him/them no matter how bad she/he/they hurt you.
Forgive yourself.

..'cause only then you can wangle the happiness that you're after, God willing.


You have brains in your head.

You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.

You're on your own.

And you know what you know.

You are the guy who'll decide where to go.


~*~

I've spent most of my life walking under that hovering cloud, jealousy, whose acid raindrops blurred my vision and burned holes in my heart. Once I learned to use the umbrella of confidence, the skies cleared up for me and the sunshine called joy became my faithful companion.


~*~

Every day we slaughter our finest impulses. That is why we get a heart-ache when we read those lines written by the hand of a master and recognise them as our own, as the tender shoots which we stifled because we lacked the faith to believe in our own powers, our own criterion of truth and beauty. Every man, when he gets quiet, when he becomes desperately honest with himself, is capable of uttering profound truths. We all derive from the same source. There is no mystery about the origin of things. We are all part of creation, all kings, all poets, all musicians; we have only to open up, to discover what is already there.

No comments:

Post a Comment