Monday 21 June 2010

Stupid in love

Stupidity is a quality or state of being stupid, or an act or idea that exhibits properties of being stupid. The root word stupid, which can serve as an adjective or noun itself, comes from the Latin verb stupere, for being numb or astonished, and is related to stupor.

There is no better time to be in love than summer. The days are long and the nights are warm, so it is the perfect time to lie in the grass, go for a bike ride, or just sit on the beach, even if it only lasts until September.

Let me tell you something, never have I ever been a size 10 in my whole life.
I always left the engine running and came to see what you would do if I gave you a chance to make things right.

So I made it even though Ethan told me this would be nothing, but a waste of time and he was right.

Don’t understand it, blood on your hands and still you insist on repeatedly trying to tell me lies. How come is that easy for you to spit out?

This is stupid and I am not stupid, don’t talk to me like I am stupid.

My new nickname is “You Idiot”, such an idiot, that’s what my friends are calling me when they see me yelling into my phone. They tell me let go; you are not the right one. I thought I saw your potential, guess that’s what made me dumb.

Scheming and cheating, why do I, therefore, enjoy wasting my time on it?

As my life flashes before my eyes, I am wondering will I ever see another sunrise?

Many won’t get the chance to sat goodbye, but it is too late to think of the value of my life.

I am terrified, but I am not leaving anywhere because I know I must pass the test.
So just pull the trigger.

To beat the froggiest of morning voices, I get out of bed ad tale a lumpish song along – a little lyric learned in kindergarten - Something about a boat.

I have found it in the bog of my throat before my feet have hit the ground, follows its wonky melody down the hall and into the loo, as if it were the most natural thing for a little boy to do, and lets it loose awhile in there to a tinkling sound while you lie still in bed, alive like you have never been, in love again with life. Afraid they will find us drowned here, drowned in more than our fair share of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment